Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven.
– Revelation 13:6
Want to know a sure way to arose the anger of Almighty God? Speak blaspheme against His mighty name.
In the 7th & 8th centuries BC, the Assyrians arose as the powerful military force of the day, until their King (Sennacherib) blasphemed God. There, on the mountains of Jerusalem, in response to Sennacherib’s blasphemy, God’s mighty power destroyed 185,000 Assyrian soldiers in one night.
Remember, “You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.” (Exodus 20:7)
Enduring Word Commentary with Pastor David Guzik
Read the Scriptures at Bible.com
Download the YouVersion Bible App
Additional Daily Devotionals
My Utmost for His Highest | Oswald Chambers
Morning & Evening | Charles Spurgeon
Books on Revelation
If you’re interested in further materials on Revelation and Eschatology, check out the following:
- A night of eschatology (video) – Desiring God
- Revelation: The Spirit Speaks to the Churches — by James M. Hamilton Jr.
- A Case for Historic Premillennialism — by Craig L. Blomberg (Editor), Sung Wook Chung (Editor)
- A Case for Amillennialism by Kim Riddlebarger
- Heaven Misplaced: Christ’s Kingdom on Earth — by Douglas Wilson