Then I looked, and behold, a white cloud, and on the cloud sat One like the Son of Man, having on His head a golden crown, and in His hand a sharp sickle.
– Revelation 14:14
There is coming a day when we will see the Son of Man, coming again upon the clouds. For the last 2,000 years, in every generation of the church, there have been those that eagerly anticipated that His coming would be in there lifetime. But to this point, the Lord has seen fit to wait. That being the case, there must be more work to be done, until He is ready to come again. The vision of Revelation 14 will one day come and though the Lord continues to delay for another 100 or 1,000 years, or more, we need to maintain our pattern of waiting, watching and working.
Be a watchful waiter, working for the Lord until He returns.
Enduring Word Commentary with Pastor David Guzik
Read the Scriptures at Bible.com
Download the YouVersion Bible App
Additional Daily Devotionals
My Utmost for His Highest | Oswald Chambers
Morning & Evening | Charles Spurgeon
Books on Revelation
If you’re interested in further materials on Revelation and Eschatology, check out the following:
- A night of eschatology (video) – Desiring God
- Revelation: The Spirit Speaks to the Churches — by James M. Hamilton Jr.
- A Case for Historic Premillennialism — by Craig L. Blomberg (Editor), Sung Wook Chung (Editor)
- A Case for Amillennialism by Kim Riddlebarger
- Heaven Misplaced: Christ’s Kingdom on Earth — by Douglas Wilson