Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”
– Revelation 21:15
Thew New Year begins in just 48 hours. I’m not sure what it has been like for you, but 2015 has been a crazy one for me. I’m looking forward to 2016. But more than that, I’m looking forward to the day when Jesus makes all things new.
Revelation 21 speaks of a new heaven, a new earth, a new Jerusalem and all things just plain new. It is new as in “fresh” and “unworn.” In 2 Corinthians 5:1 Paul writes that one day we will also receive new bodies. Again in 1 Corinthians 15:52-54 Paul reveals that this corrupted, mortal body will one day put on an uncorrupted, immortal body. That sounds like good news to me.
As we step into a new year that has never been lived in, rejoice that one day we’ll step with new bodies into a fresh, unworn world with Jesus.
Enduring Word Commentary with Pastor David Guzik
Read the Scriptures at Bible.com
Download the YouVersion Bible App
Additional Daily Devotionals
My Utmost for His Highest | Oswald Chambers
Morning & Evening | Charles Spurgeon
Books on Revelation
If you’re interested in further materials on Revelation and Eschatology, check out the following:
- A night of eschatology (video) – Desiring God
- Revelation: The Spirit Speaks to the Churches — by James M. Hamilton Jr.
- A Case for Historic Premillennialism — by Craig L. Blomberg (Editor), Sung Wook Chung (Editor)
- A Case for Amillennialism by Kim Riddlebarger
- Heaven Misplaced: Christ’s Kingdom on Earth — by Douglas Wilson