“Do not weep. Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has prevailed to open the scroll and to loose its seven seals.”
– Revelation 5:5
Revelation 5 pictures a scene in heaven that is believe by many (including myself) to be yet future. But I find verse 5 to be applicable at so many times and in so many ways.
In looking at the world around us and experiencing the trials and difficulties of life in a fallen world, there are many times in which we are tempted to weep. But the word of the elder in Revelation 5:5 is a glorious exhortation and reminder.
There are horrible things that happen in this fallen world. But we need not despair or weep. Jesus has prevailed!
Set you mind and heart upon the risen and victorious Jesus.
Enduring Word Commentary with Pastor David Guzik
Read the Scriptures at Bible.com
Download the YouVersion Bible App
Additional Daily Devotionals
My Utmost for His Highest | Oswald Chambers
Morning & Evening | Charles Spurgeon
Books on Revelation
If you’re interested in further materials on Revelation and Eschatology, check out the following:
- A night of eschatology (video) – Desiring God
- Revelation: The Spirit Speaks to the Churches — by James M. Hamilton Jr.
- A Case for Historic Premillennialism — by Craig L. Blomberg (Editor), Sung Wook Chung (Editor)
- A Case for Amillennialism by Kim Riddlebarger
- Heaven Misplaced: Christ’s Kingdom on Earth — by Douglas Wilson